Our church charity for this year is Willows Lull. Willows Lull is a new children’s charity based in Scarborough, offering day & overnight respite care for children living with life-limiting and complex needs. For more information, visit http://www.willowslull.org.
ESJ and The Local Community
The church maintains its links with the community surrounding it in a variety of ways, including:
- Harvest Festival- money raised is given to local charities.
- The premises are used by a number of organizations throughout the year who welcome the comfortable premises provided, but who also provide welcome financial assistance on a regular basis.
- 'Trefoil Guild' monthly meeting.
- 'Support for Carers' weekly meeting.
- 'Fun Music for Toddlers' meets weekly in term time.
- 'Slimming World' have three meetings over two days each week.
- 'Fellowship of St John' monthly meeting
- Councillors Surgeries and Community Police Meetings during Saturday coffee mornings as requested.
- We welcome Scarborough Attachment Parenting UK to our premises. Meeting each Wednesday at 12.45 pm this group offers free services including Breast Feeding Support, Cloth Nappy Library, Sling Library, Gentle Discipline and 4th Trimester Care. There will also be other activities-and it’s all free!